Dream Snow Calendars




Just wanted to post the cutie patootie calendars we did this week.  And, yes, this is the dream snow idea from Pinterest.  Here is the link to the blog: Dream Snow at Artolazzi.  Such a simple addition to a cut paper snowman project.  I just ran the laminator machine with nothing in it and got a nice length of clear plastic.  We cut them to size and the kids made snow flakes on them by painting with Q-tips. You could use overhead projector transparencies too, if you still have those around at your school.

Here's one before the snow was put on.  Don't you love the big arms?  Logs, not sticks...  So darn cute!


Here it is with the snow on.  The kids LOVED these!  They are really magical.


There is something about the idea of snow to a California kid that IS magical.  I know when I was growing up, I wanted nothing more than snow in San Francisco.  It only happened once, but when I was about 7 yrs old, I woke up to snow on the ground.  Of course it melted away by 10:00 am, but still...




Adorable kid art is just one of the many reasons I LOVE kindergarten...  If you want to do a monthly calendar project with your class and need some writing templates for the rest of the school year, you can get them here:


This pack includes lots of art project ideas too!  It has sure saved me a bunch of time this year.  
Thanks for checking out the blog:)
Happy Teaching!



No comments:

Post a Comment